Recipe for celery juice
Table of contents
- Health-promoting properties of celery, or why you should include it in your diet
- Vitamins and minerals
- Essential oils, arginine, lutein and other valuable components
- Celery juice - recipe and practical tips
- Celery juice - recipe
Celery is a low-calorie vegetable that is a source of many valuable ingredients. The fact that its inclusion in the menu does not significantly increase its caloric content does not mean that it has an important place only in a weight loss diet. Check out the other health benefits of eating this vegetable.
Health-promoting properties of celery, or why you should include it in your diet
High water content means that 100 g of celery provides only 14 kcal! In addition, it has a low glycemic index, which means you can include it in your diet even if you suffer from insulin resistance or diabetes.
Vitamins and minerals
Celery is distinguished by its high nutrient density, which in short means that its low calorie content goes hand in hand with its high vitamin and mineral content. The health-promoting properties of celery are due to the presence of components such as:
- beta-carotene - counted among the powerful antioxidants that protect the body from the harmful effects of free radicals;
- folate - has an important place in the diet of women planning to have a baby and pregnant women, as it reduces the risk of neural tube defects;
- calcium - an element necessary for the proper development and functioning of bones and muscles;
- potassium - plays an important role in the proper functioning of the heart and water-electrolyte balance.
Essential oils, arginine, lutein and other valuable ingredients
In addition to vitamins and minerals, celery also contains other valuable components with health benefits. These include essential oils, which counteract constipation, facilitate digestion of fatty foods, and have a positive effect on kidney function. In addition, they show a slightly sedative effect, so drinking a glass of celery juice before bedtime can help you fall asleep.
Celery also contains 3-butylphthalide (NBP), a compound of particular importance in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. That's why it's worth including it in your diet if you suffer from hypertension and have elevated levels of triglycerides and/or LDL fraction cholesterol.
Did you know that consuming celery can not only improve your health, but will also help you keep your skin looking beautiful? All thanks to the presence of psoralens, as well as vitamin C necessary for collagen synthesis.
Given the presence of the aforementioned ingredients, celery is a mandatory part of a healthy diet that protects against free radical damage, supports the functioning of muscles and water-electrolyte balance, provides a beautiful appearance of the skin, and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Celery juice - recipe and practical tips
You can eat celery raw, for example, in the form of salads. However, if its rather delicate taste discourages you from eating it in this form, you can prepare delicious and healthy celery juice.
Juice prepared in aslow juicer will help you squeeze the best out of celery! Its making takes just a few minutes. All you need to do is wash the vegetable, and then put it in the juicer (such as the Hurom H200 slow-speed juicer). To enrich the taste of the juice, as well as increase the amount of valuable ingredients, you can prepare it with the addition of other vegetables and/or fruits.
Celery juice - recipe
High-end equipment (such as the Hurom H200 slow-speed juicer) will allow you to prepare a delicious and healthy juice in just a few minutes. If you have no idea what vegetables and fruits to combine celery with, below are some interesting ideas.
- Apple and celery juice - a recipe that has won the hearts of Hollywood stars! It is also increasingly popular in our country, because to prepare it you need apples, which are available in our country all year round.
- Carrot and celery juice - to make such a juice you need celery, carrots and lemon juice. Carrots make it stand out for its high content of beta-carotene, which improves skin tone and also delays the aging process. Therefore, drinking such juice makes your skin look young and radiant!
- Orange and celery juice - rich in vitamin C, which will strengthen your immunity. It will be perfect for autumn and winter, when you are more prone to infections, and the choice of citrus fruits in the store is greater.
The recipes listed above are just a few ideas on how to prepare delicious celery juice. Don't be afraid to experiment in search of your favorite flavor!
- Horizontal Squeezers
- Screw juicers - single or twin screw, which one to choose?
- Electric citrus squeezer - why is it worth it?
- Juicer or juicer? Which to choose?
- Hurom or Kuvings - Squeezer of which company to choose?
See how to make celery juice in the Hurom H200 All in One slow-speed juicer.